Thursday, August 30, 2007

No Time for Prayer?


I knelt to pray, but not for long,

I had too much to do.

Must hurry and get to work

For bills would soon be due.

And so, I said a hurried prayer,

Jumped up from off my knees;

My Christian duty now was done,

My soul could be at ease.

All through the day I had no time

To speak a word of cheer,

No time to speak of Christ to friends;

They'd laugh at me, I feared.

No time, no time, too much to do--

That was my constant cry;

No time to give to those in need--

At last 'twas time to die.

And when before the Lord I came,

I stood with downcast eyes,

Within His hands he held a book,

It was the "Book of Life."

God looked into His Book and said,

"Your name I cannot find,

I once was going to write it down,

But never found the time."


(Author Unknown)