Saturday, November 10, 2007

Father, May I Be Satisfied


Father, may I be satisfied in the bounty you bring. As your Son, Jesus, prayed, let me simply say, "Give us this day our daily bread."

Father, I become so dissatisfied. Despite all that you give, I long for more. I want what the world calls better and newer, fuller and greater. But, Father, what is better will become surpassed, what is new will become old, what is fuller will become empty, what is greater will become lesser. You, O Lord, know all and see all. You, O Lord, made me and gave me life. You, O Lord, know what it is to be. You know what is necessary for life, what is beneficial, what is truly to be desired. Father God, give me this knowledge, show me your peace, fill me with what is truly great. May I trust your provision and be grateful.

In the blessed name of Jesus, your Son, my Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.