Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Parent's Prayer


The picture comes from the Japanese Space Agency. It is a high-resolution photograph of the earth from the orbit of the moon . . . "Earthrise." God is awesome!
____________________
Dear Lord, help me to be the person I want my children to be. May they see Christ in me, especially when I am tired and rushed or when things haven't gone my way. Help me never to be too busy to stop and listen to them without interrupting or contradicting them. Let me answer their questions kindly.

Lord, guide me so that I will have no habits that I would not want them to have. May my daily life show that honesty produces happiness. may I never tempt them to lie or steal by my actions. Help me to be fair in granting them all their wishes that are reasonable. But give me the courage to withhold a privilege which I think would not be best for them. Lord, I want to encourage and praise them when it is due, and discipline and correct them when it is needed.

Let them see that the Christian life is the greatest life on earth.

Lord, what I want more than anything else is to love them and care for them as You love and care for me.

Thank You for being my loving Father. Help me to be their loving parent.


(Author Unknown)